Thursday, July 14, 2011

Completing Ian’s Armies: Part One (DARK ELDAR) and the Ian Villamagna Gaming FUNd.



Alright, so I’ve been thinking about doing this for awhile and the opening of the new game store (see: Epic Loot), and their subsequent Rouge Trader on the 30th, has given me the impetuous to do it. So over the next few random lengths of time, I’m going to try and paint up a few things to add to the amazing armies that Ian left us.

I do this in the hopes that the army may well win some Loot of it’s own while at the tournament. These proceeds will be taken and put into an “Ian Villamagna FUNd” at the new store. This money will be used for terrain, demo models, board games, card games and such for the store so that people can, in general, have fun on Ian’s behalf. I also hope to make some form of “New Gamer Kits” that can be easily handed out so that the new blood will have all those little things that you never really think about when you start the hobby (paint recipe book, palettes, bitz boxes, etc).

Anyhow, here are the things I’m going to add to the already beautiful Dark Eldar army (I just hope I can match the painting).

- 4 x Kabalite Trueborn with Blasters

- 1 x Venom w/ Splinter Cannon for the Trueborn

- 1 x Ravager w/ 3 x Dark Lances

- 1 x Razorwing Fighter w/ 4 x Shatterfield Missiles and 2 x Dark Lances

- 3 x Hydra Gauntlet Blood Brides

You’ll notice a theme of Anti-Tank in the additions. Ian made a beautiful looking army, but it just does not have what’s needed to survive against Mech lists (which I assume there will be a ton of).

Pics soon (hopefully) as I have to get this stuff done by the 22nd, as the girl and I are going on vacation for a week then.

Wish me luck…

No comments:

Post a Comment